Entries officially open to all teams on the 1st of July 2016 at 9am and will close on the 30th of November 2016, or earlier if event capacity is reached. We envisage, given feedback, that demand for places at Chapter 6 will be extremely high so we encourage you to be proactive in getting your entry in as soon as you can. Should the event reach capacity then the organisation reserves the right to close entries early.
ENTRY PROCEDURE AND POLICY
To secure a spot at GODZone 2017 – Chapter 6 – Queenstown, one person per team needs to register and complete the entry form on the Enter Now page. Entries will not be accepted or fully processed without immediate online payment of the deposit or entire entry fee. As international payments can take up to 4 business days to process, and in the interest of fairness, we will notify ALL teams whether they have been successful in securing an entry on the 8th of July 2016 (exactly one week after entries open) – no exceptions. Teams that fail to secure an entry due to the event being full will receive a deposit refund in full immediately after the 8th of July. Teams will receive three emails during the initial entry period, acknowledging: 1) Entry Received; 2) Payment Received; 3) Entry Successful or Unsuccessful.
Please follow the instructions regarding payment on the Enter Now page carefully and remember to include your unique 4 digit reference code on all payments – failure to do so will lead to a $25 NZD administration charge being added to your entry fee. Overseas teams making international payments should email over confirmation from their bank or a snapshot of their transfer details as there is often no option to include a reference code for payments.
To qualify for the Early Entry Discount you need to pay your entire entry fee (deposit and balance payable) before 5pm, 31st August 2016. After this time the Standard Entry fee will apply regardless of the date the deposit was paid. You do not need to have a complete team of four to secure your entry. The organisation reserves the right to change entry details, team limits and to cancel any entry. To complete your entry and for more information please Enter Now
Entry related questions should be directed to:
Contact: Keren McSkimming Bennetts
Mobile: 029 269 5263 (international +64 29 269 5263)
Please be aware that Keren will not confirm whether any team has been successful in securing an entry for GODZone between the 1st of July and the 8th of July (see above).
Additional important entry information and pre-requisites can be found on the Enter Now page. On the 1st of July at 9am a Button will appear on the Enter Now page which will facilitate entry to GODZone.
GZ PURE EVENT – ENTRY FEES
|Entry Type||Deposit Payable||Balance Payable||Total Payable||Payment Deadline|
|Team: Early Entry Discount||$2000 NZD||$6500 NZD||$8500 NZD||From the 1st July to the 31st August, 2016|
|Team: Standard Entry Fee||$2000 NZD||$7500 NZD||$9500 NZD||From the 1st September to the 30th November, 2016|
GZ PURSUIT EVENT – ENTRY FEES
|Entry Type||Deposit Payable||Balance Payable||Total Payable||Payment Deadline|
|Team: Early Entry Discount||$2000 NZD||$4500 NZD||$6500 NZD||From the 1st July to the 31st August, 2016|
|Team: Standard Entry Fee||$2000 NZD||$5500 NZD||$7500 NZD||From the 1st September to the 30th November, 2016|
Note: Teams who have purchased inflatable canoes from us previously are eligible for a $300 NZD discount on their entry fee per canoe (these will need to be brought to Chapter 6 to qualify for the discount). The discount will be applied to your balance payable and a full deposit will need to be paid to secure your entry.
Enter a Team
Please follow the instructions below to complete your entry.
- Visit the Enter Now page, you must have read the Important Information, Pre-Requisites, tick the check box and then click the Enter button
- Then register an account, make a note and copy of your login and password and then press the Register button
- You will receive a registration confirmation link that you will need to click to confirm your details are correct
- Make a note of and keep a record of the Unique 4 Digit Code (that must accompany all payments that your team makes)
- You can then continue the entry process with your unique login and password
- Fill in the required fields and any other team information that you wish (these may be changed at a later date)
- Press the Submit button at the bottom of the page
- Make a payment using the details provided below
- You can begin to add content to your Team Information page via your account login when you are ready and at any time afterwards
Making a Payment
Please follow the instructions below to make a payment of your deposit and the balance of your entry fee:
- Note: We are only able to accept a bank transfer and regret that we are unable to accept credit card payments
- When you make your bank transfer you must remember to use your Unique 4 Digit Code as the bank reference – failure to do so will lead to a $25 NZD administration charge being added to your entry fee.
- Overseas teams making international payments should email firstname.lastname@example.org a confirmation from their bank or a snapshot of their transfer details as there is often no option to include a reference code for payments
All payments should be made using the following bank details (same one used in all previous Chapters):
|Bank||BNZ – Shop 11-13, Remarkables Park Town Centre, Hawthorn Drive, Frankton, Queenstown 9300, New Zealand|
|Account Name||100 PURE Racing|
|Account No.||02 1265 0012028 025|
|Swift Code||BKNZNZ22 (for international teams)|
|Bank Phone Number||0064 800 275 269|
|Payment Reference||Please use the Unique 4 Digit Code that you are given when you Enter and your Team Name (this can be changed at a later date)|
A tax receipt is available on request and will be emailed to the team captain.
There are several extremely strong and capable school, college and colt teams currently competing in New Zealand. We are very keen to help nurture the next generation of adventure racers and, therefore, have decided to offer them a substantial discount on their entry fees.
Competitors who are aged 23 or under (at the start of the race) and who are still in full time education will be eligible for a $500 NZD discount on their portion of the entry fee (all other conditions regarding early and late payment apply). Any subsequent team personnel changes that require payment adjustments will be made at event registration. Proof of Student ID will need to be emailed through to us prior to Race Registration.
What We Provide
- A high quality expedition length adventure racing course
- Logistical support for event (varies depending on event entered)
- Kayaks and inflatable canoes
- On-site search and rescue teams for emergency first aid
- Special disciplines and equipment
- Team tracking and live race website
- Race maps and route book
- GODZone shirt or equivalent
- Race vest
You Need To Provide
- Travel to and from Event HQ (please see the International Teams page for transfer details)
- Your pre and post race accommodation (variety available from camping to hotel)
- All items on the Mandatory Gear List not specifically provided by the Organisers
- Your food and drink for the event
- Bike Boxes and Gear Boxes as set out in the Newsletters (GZ Pure teams only)
- A support crew and vehicle if you have entered the GZ Pursuit event
- We highly recommend that you take out some form of insurance to cover your equipment during the event. The organisers will take no responsibility for any damaged or lost equipment during the event, regardless of fault or cause
Cancellation and Refunds
Teams may officially cancel their entry at any stage prior to the event by writing, calling or emailing the race organisers. The $2000 NZD deposit that secures your entry is not refundable at any stage (accept in the case that your entry is unsuccessful due to the event already being full – see above). Cancellation of team entry after 31st August 2016, teams will only be refunded 50% of any monies paid over and above the deposit. Cancellations of team entry after 30th November 2016, teams will not be refunded any monies.
Teams are not permitted to transfer their deposit or any other fees paid to future editions of GODZone if they are not able to make this edition of the event.
Teams are permitted to transfer or sell their entry to another team if available. This will be a transaction between the teams and the event organisers will not facilitate putting teams in touch with each other. Teams must notify Event HQ as soon as possible in the case of a team entry being transferred or sold.
If two teams do not have sufficient members and decide to join together, this will be strictly considered as one team cancelling their entry. Refund policy will be as stated above, no exceptions.
Teams are permitted to exchange their entry from the GZ Pure event to the GZ Pursuit event, or vice versa, if sufficient space exists and the event is not full. Teams who transfer their entry from the GZ Pursuit event to GZ Pure event will have to cover the increased entry fee which will be based on the timing of the payment in relation to the dates laid out above. If a team wishes to exchange their GZ Pure entry to a GZ Pursuit entry then teams are eligible for a refund of the price difference based on the same protocol of any other refund (in summary: prior to the 31st August full refund of difference; after 31st of August only 50% of difference refunded; after 30th of November no refund).
If any member of your team is deemed not competent enough to undertake the event whilst participating, the whole team will be disqualified and NO refund will be given. Details of expected competencies are be promulgated on this web site and in the Newsletters. However, it is a pre-requisite of entry that every competitor and team enters the event with their eyes wide open and that they have investigated the likely scenarios they will face during the race.
If the race is cancelled due to acts of god, natural disasters, terrorism or other reasons etc, the organisers will make every effort to refund as much of the entry fee as possible to all teams. However, all teams should be aware that any refunds will be made after event costs have been taken into consideration. Given the high number of fixed costs associated with organising the race teams should also be aware that any refund is likely to be minimal. The race will not be re-scheduled.